Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Colorado Springs: My Request for Penalty Abatement was Denied, What Options Do I Have?


 

When a request for abatement of penalties is submitted, many times you will get the response that your explanation does not meet the reasonable cause standard.  If you have received such a denial, do not despair.  There is normally a period of time (30 to 60 days) you have to appeal the initial decision.  This leaves the question: How can I win on appeal?

To start you need to hire competent tax professional such as Marcelino Dodge, EA to  represent.   With a proper review of your facts and circumstances, we can determine if you qualify for First Time Abatement or if a more detailed appeal is needed.  On a more detailed appeal we will need all the information and documentation as to why you feel the penalties should be abate.  A clear, concise letter of explanation can then be prepared and submitted with the documentation establishing your case to the IRS appeals office for review.  The strong case we present the easier we make it for the IRS to approve the penalty abatement.


525 N Cascade Ave., Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719) 359-8789
success@cashtracksfinancial.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado Springs: Does Your Tax Professional Have the Right Ingredients?

  I was waiting for my pizza out back of The Next Us Building. I was able to get what I wanted on my pizza. I thought "Do taxpayers g...