Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Colorado Springs: What Can I Do Get My Penalty Abated on Appeal?

 


A few weeks ago you submitted your request for penalty abatement from the IRS.  After waiting with anticipation for a response, you finally receive a letter from from the IRS, but instead of the anticipated penalty abatement, you are told that you do not qualify for penalty abatement.  Can you you appeal this initial denial?  Yes, you can. What are some of the factors that  can help you to prepare and to win on appeal?

For a successful appeal you MUST have the following factors:
  • Good books and records
  • Have a good history of compliance
  • Have all the information and show attempts to comply
  • Hire a competent tax professional, such as an Enrolled Agent or CPA

Marcelino Dodge, Enrolled Agent is such a professional to help you get organized and to negotiate on your behalf with the IRS.  The Appeals Officer will not simply concede.  We will have to build a strong case and make their job easy to do.


525 N Cascade Ave., Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719) 359-8789
success@cashtracksfinancial.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado Springs: Does Your Tax Professional Have the Right Ingredients?

  I was waiting for my pizza out back of The Next Us Building. I was able to get what I wanted on my pizza. I thought "Do taxpayers g...